Friday, March 1, 2019

The week in The Loft: Author Iris Blobel

Joining me today in The Loft is Australian author Iris Blobel. Born and raised in Germany, Iris immigrated to Australia in the 1990s. By day, Iris works at a private school and also presents a German program on local community radio. By night, she writes romance. Iris lives west of Melbourne with her huband, two daughters, and dog.


Author Iris Blobel
S:  Good morning, Iris! 

You've now written almost a dozen books. Why choose romance?

I:  I love romance. There’s so much hate in the world. I enjoy bringing people together in my books.

S:  Where do you do your best thinking?

I:  As in where do I come up with my best ideas for a book? (Seelie nods.) Holidays. Even better, holidays at the beach. I love it.

S:  (Nods.) I've often thought being able to write at the beach would be the perfect environment for an author, especially if there was a cabana boy to keep me supplied with umbrella drinks!

What or whom inspires your flights of fantasy?

I:  No hesitation. Cecelia Ahern’s book, "If You Could See Me Now." (Editor's note: Ahern is an Irish writer. This particulaw book was published in 2005 and is available in the U.S. under the title, "A Silver Lining."

S:  What’s your favorite day of the year? 

I:  Sunday afternoon in spring or autumn. Having a nice cup of tea n the backyard while reading a book or thinking of ideas for a new one.

S:  You are offered one of the following gifts:  A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you take and why?  

I:  Perfect health. I’ve had my fair share of sickness. I’d love to wake up one day with no pain whatsoever.

S:  (Nods.)  People don't realize how important good health is until it's taken away.

Tell me about your re-release, "Innocent Tears."

I:  This book has undergone a rewrite and has a new cover. Here's the blurb--

Becoming a parent can be daunting at the best of times, but for Flynn McCormack, a business lawyer in Melbourne, it pulls the feet right out from underneath him. He’s become a father to six-year-old Nadine literally overnight. He didn’t know about her existence, and the news throws him into chaos, even more so when he is asked to take over custody.

With the help of Emma, an employee at the hotel where Nadine and her grandparents are staying, Flynn tries to do the right thing. Yet, the right thing in his eyes differs from his parents’ ideas, and Emma is voicing her opinion, too, leaving Nadine right in the middle of it all, still grieving the loss of her mother. There’s no doubt she’s afraid about where and with whom she will settle.

Will a letter Flynn receives help him decide what to do?


Innocent Tears by [Blobel, Iris]

S:  Everyone knows I have a particular fondness for stories about lawyers, having played in the shark pond for many years!  This one sounds interesting! Where can people buy your book?

I:  The book is free for KU subscribers. It's also at--


S:  Iris, thanks for joining me today! If you'd like to learn more about Iris and her books, please visit--

Newsletter:  http://eepurl.com/bQ68rL
Website:  http://www.irisblobel.com/
Blog:  http://www.irisblobel.com/blog
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/_iris_b
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/IrisBlobel
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4067254.Iris_Blobel
Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Iris-Blobel/e/B00FNFP3LI/

Joining me next week in The Loft:  Author Kayelle Allen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Seelie, for having me on your blog today ♥

    ReplyDelete