Friday, April 26, 2019

This week in The Loft: Romance author Amber Daulton!

Visiting me this week in The Loft is author Amber Daulton! Amber is the author of  the Arresting Onyx series--stories of romantic suspense--and several standalone novellas, including "A Marry, Merry Christmas" and "A Hero's Heart." Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press and Books to Go Now, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats. Amber lives in North Carolina with her husband and four demanding cats. 

Author Amber Daulton

S:  Good morning, Amber!

Tell me, what’s the best advice you have ever been given?

A:  Just keep trying even when you’re feeling bad about yourself and the quality of your work. No one is perfect. Don’t rush a project. Give it the love and attention it needs to be the best it can be. You as the writer, the readers, and the book itself deserve it.

S:  You're so right. Sometimes, we feel the need to rush a project and in my experience, those are the books that fail to satisfy me and my readers. Books are like children. They need to be nurtured!

Complete this sentence:  “Writing is…

A:  ...the fruit of happiness.

S:  (Smiles.) And for others, the fruit of despair. Isn't it wonderful to do what you love?

What's your favorite day of the year?

A:  Halloween. When my hubby and I were dating back in college, we would dress up, knock on doors for candy (we got a lot of strange looks from people), and then hit a party. Nowadays, Greg and I bake desserts like cake and brownies, and binge-watch horror movies. We no longer dress up, but it’s just fun to eat a lot of sugar and watch movies.

S:  (Shudders.) I get the sugar part. I'm a bit of a fraidy cat. Horror movies tend to give me nightmares!

If you could have any animal in the universe as a pet, what would it be and why?

A:  I’m a big animal lover, but I prefer cats to all other fur babies. For my special pet, I’d love to have a Siberian tiger with a gentle personality. I don’t want to be eaten, you know! 

S:  You are offered one of the following gifts: A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you take and why?

A:  I’d choose perfect health. While a day back in time and a glimpse into heaven would be thrilling, it’s only a momentary distraction. Good health for the rest of your life allows you the freedom to live as you wish and do what you want—barring any unforeseen accidents. You wouldn’t be bedridden or in pain from disease, and you could accomplish so much more in life before you die of old age.

S:  (Nods.) Because I have MS, that certainly makes a lot of sense to me.

Tell me about your latest release, "Lyrical Embrace."

A:  Sure. Here's the blurb--

Out-of-work violinist Erica Timberly decides enough is enough. She leaves her abusive boyfriend and flees the big city, but then her car breaks down in the middle of the night. Though wary of men, she accepts help from Dylan Haynes, a stranger driving by on the road, and soon recognizes him as the sexy former drummer of her favorite indie rock band. Maybe, just maybe, her run of bad luck is finally turning around.

Music teacher Dylan Haynes knows Erica is in trouble, and her black eye is only the first clue. The stubborn yet vulnerable woman needs a friend, but he’s determined to give her everything she deserves.

Will Erica listen to the music in her heart and trust Dylan, or will her past always threaten her future?



S: Oh, I love books about the music world! Where can readers buy your book?

A:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--

Publisher:   https://bit.ly/2AIkSFk 
Amazon:   https://amzn.to/2ChIhNT
Barnes and Noble:  https://bit.ly/2ChIhgR
iTunes:  https://apple.co/2M3T9mW
Kobo:  https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/lyrical-embrace


S:  Amber, thanks so much for joining me today! 

If you would like to learn more about Amber and her books, please visit--


Facebook Author Page:   www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author
Amazon Author Page:  http://amzn.to/14JoZff

Next week in The Loft:  Author Tina Swayzee McCright!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the great interview. I had a blast with it!

    ReplyDelete