Friday, November 15, 2019

This week in The Loft: Author Devon McKay!

Joining me in The Loft this week is Amazon best-selling author Devon McKay. Devon writes contemporary and historical romance with a western flair. Born in Florida, she moved to Alaska as a teen and after 27 years there, moved to Ohio, where she lives on a mini-farm. Devon enjoys spending time with her granddaughter and four dogs, as well as working with stained glass. 


Author Devon McKay

S:  Good morning, Devon! Thanks for joining me on this chilly day! 

Why did you become a writer?

D:  I never set out to be an author. I’m an avid reader. I was inspired by my favorite authors to write.

S:  What attracted you to the romance genre?

D:  What can I say? I’m a gal that loves a happy ending!

S:   (Chuckles.)  While that's not a requirement to write romance, it sure helps! 

What’s your definition of romance?

D:  For me, it’s the little things that are often taken for granted. My husband bringing me a cup of coffee, surprising me by cooking dinner, or hiding my favorite candy bar in my pocket. Throw in my favorite kind of Tic Tacs and I may even tear up. I’m a real sap for that kind of thing.

S:  (Nods.)  It's the little things that matter. I prefer little acts over grand gestures. Just knowing someone is thinking about me makes my day!

What do you crave?

D:  I live on chocolate and coffee. Doesn’t everyone?

S:  It sure seems like most authors do! That's why I have a big stash of dark chocolate coffee crunch bars right next to my computer. They soothe the soul and keep the creative juices flowing!

What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?

D:  To stay off of Facebook and other media sites and just write. It’s easy to get sucked in and before you know it, you’ve lost valuable writing time. 

S:  It is so easy to get distracted when facing an empty page. I allow myself to check social media twice a day and that's it. When I first got on Twitter, I was on there for most of the day!

Tell me about your holiday story, "Kissing St. Nick."

D:  Sure. Here's the blurb--

Driving a sports car in the middle of a blizzard wasn't the worst decision Lane Kelly had ever made. Considering the mess she'd made of her life in the past two years, returning home was one of her better choices--regardless of the weather. Wrecking her ex-boyfriends beloved vehicle?  A Christmas miracle.

Nick Mancini had little time for distractions. His demanding career as a firefighter was far too important. Especially during the holidays. Rescuing a dark-haired beauty and a sprig of mistletoe changes everything.




S:  (Sighs.) Nothing better than falling in love during the holidays! 

Where can readers buy your book?

D:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--

Google Play:  

S:  Devon, thanks so much for joining me today! If you would like to learn more about Devon and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://authordevonmckay.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/DevonMcKay2014
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/devonmckay2014
Amazon author page:  https://www.amazon.com/Devon-McKay/e/B00JCUMZAW

No comments:

Post a Comment