Friday, December 20, 2019

This week in The Loft: Author D.V. Stone!

Joining me today in The Loft is author D.V. Stone. D.V. writes fantasy and contemporary romance. Relying on past experience as an Emergency Medical Technician and as the owner of a restaurant, she created "Rock House Grill," which will be released in 2020. Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., D.V. now lives in northern New Jersey with her husband, cat, and dog. She admits to a bit of wanderlust, having spent time on a Minnesota dairy farm and other regions of the U.S.  She enjoys traveling in an R.V., embracing the ideas and inspiration discovered on the road.


Author D.V. Stone

S:  Good morning, D.V. Thanks so much for joining me today!

You write fantasy and contemporary romance. What attracts you to the romance genre? 

D.V.:  Some of my work outside of writing has been difficult. For example, I’ve dealt with death as an Emergency Medical Technician as well as a volunteer in an Emergency Room. I've worked in a woman’s state prison for 12 years, where pain, hopelessness and despair infuses you. I've also lost a business and suffered from illness. All of that can bring a person to a pretty bad place. Romance is usually a happy ever after or a happy for now. It can bring you hope as well as life lessons. Reading romance is uplifting. Those who disparage it as a genre are missing out and missing the point. Life is a struggle. But hope, love, and relationships are what gets us through the dark days. I am an optimist despite my past. Romance is optimistic. We make a good team.

S:  I have to agree. Romance books provide a nice break from reality.

Do you write in other genres?

D.V.:  I do! I love fantasy. The magic of "what if." My book, "Felice, Shield-Mates of Dar," is a fantasy and a romance. One of my works in progress is an epic fantasy, think "Lord of the Rings," but with a strong romantic thread. Agent Sam Carter is a mid-grade paranormal. Early next year, "Rock House Grill," a contemporary romance is coming out.

S:  If you had to do it all over again, would you still write books? 

D.V.:   Absolutely. I love writing. Being creative is ingrained in me. I play around with music, art, and even making jewelry. But it’s through writing that I’ve found my greatest satisfaction. It’s not easy. Especially hard for me is editing. I’m not grammatically the best. Commas are my arch-nemesis. But through it, I’ve met some amazing and supportive people. 

S:  (Smiles.) If you don't love writing, you shouldn't be doing it. It's a bit like falling in love--If it's painful, it just isn't worth it.

If someone wrote a song about you, what would be the title? 

D.V.:  “Never too late to live your dream.” I began writing later in life. I was in my 50s. Though don’t tell my husband. He thinks I’m still 29!

S:  How do you want to be remembered? 

D.V.:  As a person who never gave up on hope and dreams while uplifting others. 

S:  Tell me about your next book, "Rock House Grill."

D.V.:  "Rock House Grill" is Book One in the Impact Series. Here's the blurb--

Aden House, successful but driven chef and TV personality, refuses to slow down. His life implodes one night, damaging him both physically and emotionally. He's rescued by a woman he thinks of as his angel.

Shay McDowell has rebuilt her life after her divorce. She juggles volunteer EMT duties and her job, while dreaming of becoming a chef. She finds her way to Rock House Grill and back into the life of the man she helped save. 

Can love be the ingredient needed to survive the many obstacles they face?



S:  I'm a big fan of the Food Network. I love stories with chefs!

Where can readers buy your book?

D.V.:  It will be available in bookstores in early 2020, most likely in February. 

S:  D.V., thanks so much for joining me today! If you would like to learn more abut D.V. and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://www.dvstoneauthor.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/dv.stone.1
Twitter:  https://www.twitter.com/donnavstone
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/d.v.stone/

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your interview. Fascinating. Best of luck with your release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You CB. I appreciate your stopping by 🦉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Seelie for having me today. I enjoyed sharing with you.
    D. V. 🦉

    ReplyDelete