Friday, October 23, 2020

This week in The Loft: Author Amelia Danver!

Joining me this week in The Loft is the author who writes under the pen name, Amelia Danver. Once a medical student and science geek, Amelia began her writing career penning fan fiction. Now she writes erotic romance. Amelia is a Certified First Responder and has completed her training in Mental Health First Aid. During the COVID-19 pandemic, she has been isolated at home with her dogs.

The avatar for Amelia Danver

S:  Welcome, Amelia. Thanks for joining me today.

You made quite a leap from attending medical school to writing erotic romance. Why did you become a writer? 

A:  COVID-19 moved my business largely online. So I finally had the time to sit down and write.

S:  (Nods.) I think COVID-19 has changed how all of us work. I find I have less time to write because I don't have as much "alone time." You're lucky to have the extra time to write.

What attracted you to the romance genre?

A:  Since high school, I have been an avid romance reader.

S:  Do you write in other genres?

A:  Mostly romance. I may write an autobiography soon.

S:  The inner workings  of an erotic romance writer's mind. I like that. I imagine your journey would be interesting to many.

What is your favorite thing about writing romance?

A:  I get to do anything I wish to my heroine and hero.

S:  (Laughs.) I have never heard it put that way, but that is definitely true.

Do you have another job/other responsibilities?

A:  I sell medical/health insurance and I also own a pet shop! You cannot make money solely from being an author.


S:  Complete this sentence--"When I started writing books, I wish I had known..."

A:  ...how hard it is to get people to read your books!

S:   I suspect most authors are surprised by the amount of marketing involved in attracting readers. It's very time-consuming.

Is there anything you wish you have done differently when you began writing books?

A:  I would have started writing clean romance first, then erotic romance. Erotic romance is hard to market on certain platforms, including Amazon.

S:  What makes you unique--as a writer and/or person?

A:  I write extensive author's notes. Even when I write romance, I want people to learn something from reading my stories. In my first book, you get plenty of sex advice. In the second, you can learn about Japanese language, culture, people, and the country itself. I wrote from the perspective of a foreigner, of course.



S:  Complete this sentence--"As a writer, my dream is to..."

A:  ...get my books read by people, for people to like my books, and maybe, have one made into a movie.

S:  What would you like people to know about you?

A:   I write fiction, but I always try to seep some reality into my novels. I met a man on the bus who told me that all fiction is nonfiction to a certain extent and vice versa. There is some degree of truth in that. I'm not sure if he was an author, but what he said really resonated with me.

S:  In many cases, we write what we know. I write about lawyers because I was one. Reality does indeed seep in.

Amelia, thanks for joining me today. If you would like to learn more about Amelia and her books, please visit--

Website:  http://www.ameliadanver.com

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ameliadanverbrotherhood/

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/ameliadanver/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/adanver16

No comments:

Post a Comment