Friday, August 25, 2023

This week in The Loft: Author Reet Singh!

Joining me today in The Loft is author Reet Singh. Reet spent her childhood traveling to the postings of her father, who was in the Army. Those adventures provided experiences that begged to find a place in her romance novels. Now an eye surgeon in India, Reet makes time to pursue her passions, including reading and writing stories, watching romantic comedies, and doing creative things with wool and a crochet hook. She also loves solving cryptic crosswords and when her my muse is elusive, she enjoys pitting her wits against her husband's playing Scrabble. Occasionally, she can also be found in the kitchen putting together her "world-famous" one-pot meals, so named because no one else would consider combining the same ingredients in one dish!

Author Reet Singh

S:  Welcome, Reet! I am so happy you could join me today.

Why did you start writing romance?

R:  Romance is my favorite genre to read. I grew up on Georgette Heyer, Lucy Walker, and Mills, and Boon. It was a natural transition for me to move from reading it to writing it.

S:  Are you self-published or traditionally published?

R:  I began to write for publication only about eight years ago. I got my big break when Mills and Boon® India announced the Passions Contest - they were looking for romance writers from India. I decided to participate and I won a two-book contract with them in 2013. The first book, "Scorched by His Fire," was released in February 2014, and the second, "The Cure was Love," came out in November that year. After these two traditionally published books, I took on self-publishing and I have never enjoyed myself more. As an Indie Author, I have tons of freedom. Tons of responsibility too. But it’s a much more transparent process and so you know what’s what when you self-publish. 

S:  What attracted you to your current partner?

R:  I adore the man I’m with--37 years and counting. I fell for his sense of humor, his groundedness, and his integrity.

S:  If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to write books

R:  Definitely. In fact, I could stop writing any day and go do something else that fascinates me, but my imagination works overtime. So I just have to write.

S:  What do you want inscribed on your tombstone? How do you want to be remembered?

R:  Reet was fun, funny, candid, and kind. And she loved the Oxford comma.

S:  What inspired "Take One Suave Surgeon?"

R:  I was keen to write a medical romance. I taught medical students for decades and many of them clerked in the States, then either came back to practice in India, or relocated to the U.S. I was excited to see if I could cook up a romance around an intern from India and a surgeon in the U.S. I do hope readers enjoy the story.

S:  Is there anything special you would like people to know about "Take One Suave Surgeon?"

R:  "Take One Suave Surgeon" is an entirely refurbished, revamped, remodeled version of “The Cure was Love,” which was published by Harlequin/Mills and Boon in 2015. I’ve practically rewritten it. I have learned so much about the art of storytelling in the intervening years. When I got the rights to the book back, I decided to apply the new learning before republishing it as an indie book.

Here's the blurb--

Passion clashes with obligation in this trans-continental romance…

Simi Gill has had it with surgeons. In her opinion, the fewers surgeons there are in the world, the better for everyone. She takes a break from her medical studies in India to intern at a prestigious NYC cancer center for four months. In New York, her resolve to steer clear of surgeons, rooted in past heartbreak by an unscrupulous ex, is challenged when she crosses paths with Dr. Rudy Atwal.

A dashing surgeon with a complicated personal life, Rudy helps Simi navigate unexpected perils and pitfalls that seem to plague her. In return, he seeks her aid in escaping his dysfunctional family's schemes.

Saying no to Rudy is what she must do if she is to stay true to her goals. But Simi says yes, and that is her second mistake. The first is a tiny, accidental kiss…


Will Simi be able to return to India with her heart intact, or will the suave surgeon tempt her to break her own rules?


S: I love these types of stories! Where can readers buy your book?

R:  It's available at https://mybook.to/TOSS.

S:  Reet, thanks so much for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Reet and her books, please visit--

No comments:

Post a Comment