Friday, September 15, 2023

This week in The Loft: Author RM Olivia!

Joining me today in The Loft is author RM Olivia. She writes erotic, LGBT, contemporary, and paranormal romance. A part-time author, RM has contributed to several anthologies, and has also written for a variety of publishers. In addition, she has self-published on Amazon Kindle. RM currently works in sales. When not writing she enjoys sleeping, shopping, watching black and white movies, reading, and exploring new restaurants. RM lives in Pennsylvania with her two Siamese cats.

The logo for RM Olivia

S:  Welcome, RM. I'm so happy you could join me today!

Why did you start writing romance?

RM:  I enjoy writing about interpersonal relationships. I feel that romance in particular has many interesting possibilities for writing.

S:  The number of sub-genres in romance certainly confirms that. 

I know you are self-published and traditionally published? Why did you choose that path?

RM:  I chose the path of self-publishing as some of my stories did not fit a publisher’s criteria, such as word count and themes. I chose traditional publishing because I wanted to work with a particular publisher.

S:  Do you write in other genres?

RM:  I am looking to branch into other genres with time. It is usually not a planned thing. My writing takes me in different directions.

S:  I think you need that flexibility. 

If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to write books?

RM:  Yes. I love expressing my creativity through the written word. I enjoy the outlet and escape writing provides.

S:  How do you get in the mood for writing?

RM:  I get in the mood by having a snack, and my pen and paper ready. I like some R&B in the background or some 90’s hip hop.

S:  What inspired "Healing His Broken Heart?"

RM:  My imagination inspired "Healing His Broken Heart." Besides my imagination, the news influenced me. I have a bad habit of obsessing over tragedies such as accidents and deaths. I can read the newspaper and my mind starts clicking.

S:   Is there anything special you would like people to know about "Healing His Broken Heart?"

RM:  The special part of "Healing His Broken Heart" is that the story is being told through the male prospective, the lead male protagonist. Usually, I have found the story is being told through the female protagonist. Another point is that the story has an open ending, a happy for now. I believe that in real life there is no such thing as a permanent happy ending. We all experience different situations with the passing of time. People change. I wanted to express that in my writing.

Here's the blurb--

In an effort to move on from a painful past, Randy decides to put his photography skills to good use and advertises for a model in the local paper. Little does he realize that a sexy photo shoot would be just the thing to reunite with his childhood sweetheart, begging the question—does time heal all wounds?


S:  That's a question I've often ask! 

Where can readers buy your book?

RM:  It's available at most booksellers, including--

Publisher:  https://www.extasybooks.com/Healing-His-Broken-Heart

Barnes and Noble:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/healing-his-broken-heart-rm-olivia/1143821791

Amazon:  https://a.co/d/cxNnOEl

S:  RM, thanks for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about RM Olivia and her books, please visit--

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/stores/R.M-Olivia/author/B01DOHMBIE

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/rmoliviawrites

Facebook:  https://facebook.com/rmolivia

Instagram:  https://instagram.com/rmolivia

No comments:

Post a Comment