Friday, October 13, 2023

This week in The Loft: Author VR Tennent!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow Extasy author VR Tennent. She writes contemporary romance filled with love, heartbreak, and spice. She never promises a happy ending, but guarantees a rollercoaster ride of emotion. The third decade of this century marked a lot of changes for VR. In 2020, she emigrated from Scotland to Spain. In January 2022, she decided to put pen to paper and write a book after joining the writer’s group of her favorite author. Five months later, she was offered a publishing contract. VR lives in the Spanish campo with her husband, young daughter, and ever-growing animal family.

Author VR Tennent

S:  Good morning, VR. Thanks for joining me today!

Why did you start writing romance?

VR:  For years I have been an avid reader, and in January 2022, I came across a writer's group headed up by TL Swan. It was a place for women who were interested in writing to come together. I watched her videos and felt completely inspired to try, not that I ever planned to publish the book I wrote. Fast forward 22 months and here I am having just released book eight. It is safe to say, I am hooked on creating stories for people to read.

S:  Wow, eight books in 22 months. That's amazing.

How do you determine the "heat" level in your books?

VR:  I don't. I let readers determine that, and it is completely subjective. My books always contain an adult content warning and will have consensual open-door scenes. However, when I read reviewers' opinions on how spicy they are, they differ. Plot will always come first, and the spice will occur when it suits the story.

S:  I agree with you. If the storyline isn't enhanced by a scene involving sex, leave it out.

What's the best advice you've ever been given?

VR:  As far as being an author goes, it came from TL Swan, when I was lucky enough to meet her in June this year. There was a get-together for the girls in the Cygnets writers' group. She told us, "You wrote a book. How cool is that?" A simple but clear message. What we do is subjective, but we do it. And that is awesome.

S:  If you could choose to do it again, would you write books?

VR:  One hundred percent yes. Writing has opened up a part of my brain I didn't know existed. I have made friends across the world. And found something I truly love to do.

S:  Are you self-published or traditionally-published?

VR:  I'm both. My first three books were traditionally published by Extasy books. Gaining the publication contract gave me confidence that someone wanted to read my stories. I am extremely grateful for the opportunities I was offered. I also self-publish. This gives me the freedom and flexibility to create a book that is one hundred percent mine. There are benefits to both routes. I am glad I have explored both.

S:  What inspired "Harrison?"

VR:  "Harrison" popped into my head back in January this year. What inspired him, I don't know. In the beginning, he was a rockstar but something didn't sit right. I knew I wanted to write a morally grey man, but I wanted him to love his woman fiercely. Underneath it all, he had to be a good man but the situation he found himself in made it impossible to live a normal life. I looked at all the reviews from my other books. At what readers liked and what they didn't, then tried to create a blend of the good. Harrison morphed into a mafia lawyer, and 90,000 words later--his story was told.

Here's the blurb--

Violet Chase has always been off limits. The girl I wanted...but could never have.

In my teens, her father warned me to keep my hands to myself. Boys like me, don’t get girls like her. His family saved me, and I owed them. Her brothers, my best friends, made it clear where I stood - below them.

We had one stolen moment of passion, then I ran. That was fourteen years ago, and I’ve regretted it ever since. Now, she’s back in London, but life for both us is very different. Her past decade has been filled with lies - that she thought were true. The last place she ever expected to return to was here, begging her family for help.

As my career blossoms, my world darkens. Whether being a lawyer for a mafia don was a wise move remains to be seen. A booming bank account is accompanied by an ever-increasing target on my back. External pressures pull in all directions while my heart knows what it wants. It always has. Violet.

The question is, can we navigate the challenges to be together? Or once again, will we both run?


S:  This sounds like a suspenseful tale! Where can readers buy "Harrison?"

VR:  "Harrison" is free with Kindle Unlimited. Here's the link--https://mybook.to/Harrison.

S:  VR, I'm so pleased you could join me today! If you'd like to learn more about VR and her books, please visit--

Link Tree:   https://linktr.ee/vrtennent

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/author/vrtennent

Goodreads:   V.R. Tennent (Author of Loving Dr Jones) | Goodreads

Facebook Business: Facebook

Facebook Personal: Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment