Friday, March 22, 2024

This week in The Loft: Author Marc Jarrod!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow Extasy author Marc Jarrod. Marc writes contemporary, erotic, fantasy, paranormal, and holiday romance. Born in Italy, Marc came to America when he was six years old. By day, he works for a major delivery company. When he is not working or writing, he spends time with his wife and a cat named Gouda. He is an avid fan of professional sports, especially baseball, hockey, and football. Marc lives in St. Peters, Missouri, across the Missouri River from St. Louis.

Author Marc Jarrod

S:  Good morning, Marc! Thanks for joining me today!

What do you think is the biggest issue facing romance authors today? 

M:  To me, it is what to write next to get a reader's attention. In other words, been there, done that. That was why I wrote "The Christmas Spirit." It fulfilled two genres--holiday and paranormal--but was still considered a romance story.

S:  Writing stories that readers want to read is so important.

 Why did you choose to write romance? 

M:  It is a form of escapism for readers who wish they were part of the story. A classic example is a man named Fabio, who had been on dozens of romance covers. With his long brown hair, muscles, and handsome features, women swoon over him.

S:  There's nothing better than a hot fantasy lover. 

Do you outline the plot for your stories before writing? 

M:  Kind of. I just start writing when my muse is in high gear. Everything starts coming to me about what to write and how it will develop. Once I am finished. I go over what I wrote and usually change the wording to tighten plot lines, etc.

S:  I write the same way. I'm not a fan of outlines.

Do you write in other genres?

M:  I have written in several genres--vampire, gay, a lot of holiday stories. I write using several genres to keep my stories fresh from boredom, again avoiding the been there done that issue.

S:  What is the best/worst thing that has ever happened to you as a writer? 

M:  I think I can say this for any writer. The worst--having a book rejected that I thought was perfect. The best--when my book did get accepted after I thought it would be rejected.

S:  If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to write books? 

M:  Yes. I enjoy writing. It's kind of an escape.

S:  What famous book do you wish you had written? 

M:  "The Godfather." It's one of my favorite books. I have read it a number of times. On the other hand, because I have read it a number of times, and because I have written several books, I think I could have done a better job of writing it. There were so many narratives that were not necessary in the novel.

S:  What inspired "The Christmas Spirit?" 

M:  A friend of mine had lost his wife to cancer. Several times, he swore she was giving him signs that she was there. He was also there throughout her ordeal

S:  Is there anything special you would like people to know about "The Christmas Spirit?"

M:  Just like in my novel, "The Christmas Spirit," my friend was watching over her all those months. Now she was watching over him.

Here's the blurb--

How can a man who lost his wife of 25 years keep her promise when he will never see her again?

You watched over me... now I will watch over you... even in death. It will be the last words his beloved wife, Betty Barnhart, had told her husband, Robert, before she took her last breath, dying in his arms.

Robert Barnhart had just lost his wife Betty from a long battle with cancer—15 days before Christmas. Twelve months earlier—January of that same year, they celebrated their 25th anniversary. Their children and their spouses along with friends, held a party for them on this hallmark occasion. The couple had even renewed their vows, asking the original priest to administer the ceremony... the richer for poorer, sickness and in health, etc.

Unfortunately, their renewed portion of their vows... the sickness and in health, part, would be tested to the limit because six months later, Betty received the devastating news of her cancer diagnosis.

On December 10, her last words were a promise to Robert that he will never, ever forget.

Little did Robert know how much she would keep her promise, even after her death... constantly giving her approval or disapproval on things he would do. Seeing these subtle and sometimes not so subtle signs told Robert that even in death, Betty would always be near him... watching over him.


S:  That sounds like a very emotional tale. Where can readers buy your book?

M:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--





No comments:

Post a Comment