Friday, October 19, 2018

Today in The Loft: Romance author Kryssie Fortune!


Today, British author Kryssie Fortune joins me in The Loft. The author of 15 books, Kryssie writes erotic, fantasy, and paranormal romance, including stories about muscular werewolves, arrogant Fae, and BDSM loving dragons. 

Author Kryssie Fortune

S:  Good morning, Kryssie. I have been looking through your book titles. You clearly take readers on quite an adventurous romp!

Tell me, why do you write romance?

K:  Because it’s what I read. My mum read Mills and Boon, so from the age of eleven, I did too. Of course, they were less explicit back then. My mum was so proud when Loose id accepted my first book, To Wed A Werewolf, but she said there was too much sex.

S:  Funny, I got the same reaction from my family! What would you like readers to know about you?

K:  I’m a survivor. Bionic, in fact. Seventeen years ago, I woke up with a severe pain high in my chest. Although I’d slept the night through, I was too exhausted to get out of bed. Even my GP was puzzled, but he sent me to the local Infirmary for a check-up. They kept me in hospital for four weeks of bed rest. When I was strong enough a very talented surgeon to remove my collapsed heart valve and replace it with a carbon one. My surgeon saved my life. Determined to chase my dreams, I started writing.

S:  Ahh, we have something in common! I started writing after being diagnosed with MS and a potentially fatal heart defect. Those kind of medical events tend to force us to look at the big picture and focus on what we really want out of life.

Where do you do your best thinking?

K:  Overnight, in bed. I research and worry over various plot points through the day. Usually, when I wake the next morning, I know where my story’s going.

S:  Sleep has a way of resolving those plot problems, doesn't it? Many of my story ideas are rooted in dreams I have had.

If you could live in any time period, which would it be?

K:  Since I’m fond of life’s luxuries—like indoor plumbing—I’m limited to with my choices. The 1960’s would have been fun. I was too young for them the first time around but with their great music, contraception, and fashions, I’d love it.

S:  Indoor plumbing I get, but I'm not sure I could survive without a microwave, cell phone, or computer!  Still the 60's were kind of wild and you're right, they were probably a lot of fun.  

K:  Great question. Odd answer. I was the kid who hated it because the witches always ended up dead. Forget Hansel and Gretel, the witch was minding her business until they ate her house. All she did was punish them for their vandalism. My affinity with witches was so intense that when I was five, my school questioned my mother about it. I’m convinced I was burned at the stake in a previous life.

S:  Wow. That's kind of scary thought. Tell me about your latest book, "His Innocent Bride."

K:  Sure. Here's the blurb--

Going about her mundane life in a small fishing village, Alethea never dreamed she would end up with a man like the Earl of Deanswood, yet when she caught the handsome gentleman's eye, he wasted no time in making her his wife. Unbeknownst to Alethea, however, her conniving mother has convinced Deanswood that she has no interest in the marital bed. Devastated by his seeming disinterest, Alethea searches for someone to instruct her in the ways of enticing a man.

When a friend informs Deanswood of Alethea's plans, he decides to train his new bride himself. Soon enough, Alethea finds herself naked, blindfolded, and helplessly bound as she is thoroughly spanked and then brought to one blushing, quivering climax after another. But when Alethea's life is threatened by her mother's vicious scheming, can Deanswood protect his innocent bride?


S:  (Fans herself.) OMG, that sounds hot! I suppose I should mention the Publisher's Note that accompanies the book: "His Innocent Bride is a stand-alone novel which shares the Regency-era setting of Wickedly Used. It includes spankings and sexual scenes. If such material offends, you please don't buy this book."

(Seelie smirks.) So where can we buy this book?

K:  It's currently available on Amazon. Here are the buy links: 

Amazon USA                     https://amzn.to/2waZmpG
Amazon UK                       https://amzn.to/2OO3nYN
Amazon Canada                https://amzn.to/2vRZWcw
Amazon Australia               https://amzn.to/2MzN0S0

S:  Kryssie, thanks so much for stopping by The Loft!

If you'd like to learn more about Kryssie and her books, please visit--

Blog            http://kryssiefortune.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter         https://twitter.com/KryssieFortune
Pinterest      http://bit.ly/1OGFnjc
Goodreads     http://bit.ly/2kxqabJ
Amazon Author Page  http://amzn.to/2hA0ZVO

Next week in The Loft:  Author Kathy Otten!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great interview. Really enjoyed it, and the background you gave. I also liked the look into your health. It seems something always gets us, doesn't it? I have Sjogren's Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete