Friday, February 15, 2019

Today in The Loft: Canadian author Beverley Bateman!

Joining me today in The Loft is Canadian author Beverley Bateman! Beverley writes medical thrillers and romantic suspense. She utilizes her past experience as a healthcare professional in her stories. While serving as the administrator of a community care facility, she investigated and directed investigations into irregularities and sometimes, death. Beverley lives south of Calgary in Medicine Hat, Alberta.


Author Beverley Bateman

S: Good morning, Beverley! Thanks so much for joining me this morning!

You write thrillers and romantic suspense. Why write romance? Why not just stick to thrillers?

B: I feel romance gives the best-rounded, complete development of the characters, and I believe in HEAs (happily ever afters).

S: Complete this sentence: “Writing is….”

B: ...lonely, difficult, frustrating and I can’t imagine not doing it.

S: (Chuckles.) That's so true. We're all budding hermits churning out romance. But no matter how much I hate the isolation, I couldn't do anything else.


Where do you do your best thinking?

B:  In bed in the early morning, before I actually wake up.

S:  (Nods.) The ideas really flow then, don't they?

What’s the best advice you have ever given?

B:  Be true to yourself.

S:  What’s the best advice you have ever been given?

B:  Write every day.

S:  You are offered one of the following gifts: A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you take and why?

B:  Perfect health. It would be wonderful not to worry about cancer or other diseases, the pain of arthritis, heart and or lung conditions, and be able to move freely. Do whatever I wanted without health limitations.

S:  Sadly, I know that feeling. I still dream about playing soccer with my son or jogging on a nearby trail, something MS now prevents me from doing.

Tell me about your book, "The Fourth Victim: Sara's Story."

B:  Sure. Here' s the blurb--

Sara’s emotionally abusive husband dies unexpectedly. She’s struggling to reclaim the intelligent, independent person she was before she married. She vows never to let a man take over her life again. Now she’s part of a special team, training to help other women and on the track of a serial killer.

Mac is been responsible for training women in special ops techniques, so they are prepared when they are challenged to save other women. When he meets Sara, sparks fly between them. He wants her to quit the training and let him take care of her.


Can Mac step back and trust her in a dangerous situation? Can Sara and Mac resolve their issues, or will they go in opposite directions?


S:  Where can readers buy your book?

B:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--



S:  Beverley, thanks so much for joining me today. If you would like to learn more about Beverley and her books, visit--

Website  http://www.beverleybateman.com
Blog  http://beverleybateman.blogspot.ca/
Twitter  @kelownawriter
Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/beverley.bateman.18?fref=ts
Amazon Author Page  http://amazon.com/Beverley-Bateman/e/B008M01F5E

Next week in The Loft:  Author Kate McKeever!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Seelie. Love your website. Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview. I wish you great sales on your newest release.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete