Friday, May 24, 2019

This week in The Loft: Christian romance author Katy Eeten!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow Wisconsite, Katy Eeten! Katy is the author of three Christian romances, including "Blast from Her Past," "Christmas in Meadow Creek," and "A Heart Held Captive." A bit of Katy Eeten trivia: Katy once threw out the first pitch at a Milwaukee Brewers game! She lives in southeast Wisconsin with her husband, a Youth Pastor, and her two school-age children. 

Author Katy Eeten

S:  Good morning, Katy! Thanks so much for joining me today.


Why write romance?

K:  I enjoy a good love story. It’s so fulfilling to watch two people that are meant to be together slowly discover each other and overcome obstacles to fall in love. To be part of creating a story like that is so satisfying to me. 

S:  (Smiles.) I believe that to write good romance, you have to believe in love.

If you could live during any period of time, which would you choose and why?

K:  I would choose the 1980s because I grew up in that decade and loved it! It was before technology totally took over our lives, but we still had the main modern conveniences – running water, television, cars, heat, A/C... I really think it was a simpler, safer and more innocent time than we’re living in now, and I often wish my kids could have a similar experience. 

S:  (Nods.) We had the chance to witness the before and after the technology explosion. Those that missed the before can't truly appreciate the after.

If someone wrote a song about you, what would be the title?

K:  "Indecisive Introvert" or "Blessed Beyond Belief." 

S:  If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be?

K:  To alleviate human suffering. I know God has a purpose and plan for everything, but since this genie question is totally hypothetical and I am only a human, I would wish to see things like cancer, human trafficking, abuse, bullying, and war completely obliterated from this earth. Oh, and for a more lighthearted answer to this question, I’d ask for a self-cleaning house!

S:  (Chuckles.) We all could use a self-cleaning house! 

What do you crave?

K:  Chocolate (Dove Dark), warm weather, and sleep. 

S:  You are offered one of the following gifts: A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you choose and why? 

K:  Wow, what a choice! A day back in time would be awesome, but can I repeatedly go back to that day anytime I want? Because being able to see my dad alive whenever I want would definitely be my choice. But if the day is just a day and then it’s over, and the heavenly glimpse is fleeting, I would take perfect health, as that would last a lifetime. 

S:  (Nods.) Good reasoning!

Tell me about your book, "A Heart Held Captive."

K:  Sure. Here's the blurb--

Physical therapist Cole Pearson has had his share of shallow relationships. But after a year spent soul searching, his eyes are opened to what he really wants in life—and in a relationship. When he learns that ER nurse Emily Jenkins has volunteered to pay for a foster child’s therapy, he is drawn to her generous spirit. If only he can convince her to take things beyond their casual conversations at the clinic.

Emily is a prisoner to her past mistakes and insists on paying a price God never asked her to pay. When she finally allows herself to grow closer to Cole, her flawed beliefs are exposed and her wounded heart begins to mend. But when tragedy strikes, Emily is sent into a tailspin. Can Cole help her move past the guilt and grasp the freedom of God’s grace, or will she revert back to the captivity of her old ways and shut Cole out of her life for good?


S:  Wow. That sounds like an emotional journey! Where can readers buy your book?

K:  It's available at Amazon.com. Here's the link--


S:  Katy, thanks so much for joining me today! If you would like to learn more about Katy and her books, visit--


No comments:

Post a Comment