Friday, July 26, 2019

This week in The Loft: Author Denise Wheatley!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow eXtasy author Denise Wheatley! Denise, who writes romance, is best known for her chick lit novel, "I Wish I Never Met You," which was published by Simon & Schuster in 2004. Since then, she has published several novels and novellas, writing contemporary and paranormal romance, as well as romantic suspense. Chicago born and raised, Denise is an avid screenwriter, blogger, ghostwriter, true crime television addict, and a self-proclaimed pop culture expert.


Author Denise Wheatley

S:  Good morning, Denise! Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Tell me, where do you do your best thinking?

D:  In bed and in the shower.

S:  Who inspires your flights of fantasy?

D:  Actor Dennis Haysbert makes me swoon. His dashing good looks, deep sexy voice, and distinguished gentlemanly mannerisms have inspired many of my male characters.



S:  (Chuckles.) I had to look him up. He's the guy from the Allstate commercials! You're right. What a great voice! 

What's the best advice you've ever given?

D:  Do not want anyone who doesn't want you. I share that advice with many people. It's something I learned from Maya Angelou.

S:  That's really great advice. I wish more people would heed it! 

What's the best advice you've ever been given?

D:  It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I got that one from my mother.

S:   (Nods.) A mother's wisdom is usually spot on.

Complete this sentence: "Writing is..."

D:  Writing is therapeutic, necessary, and in my blood.

S:  That means you write from the heart and that's a good thing.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

D:  Taking care of my parents when they've been ill. There's no better feeling than loving them back to life and knowing that my actions are such a huge part of their recovery.

S:  (Smiles.) My dad is 93. It's amazing how the roles switch, isn't it? 

What's you favorite day of the year?

D:  I love Christmas Day, because it's such a warm cozy festive holiday, filled with friends, family, love, food, and of course, gifts!  And yes, I'm that person who decorates my home way too early and watches every single holiday movie.



S:   What do you crave?

D:  Chocolate chip cookies, French fries, love, happiness, and books.

S:   If you could have any animal in the universe as a pet, what would it be and why?

D:  I would have a Koala Bear, because not only are they are adorable, but they also live such an enviable lifestyle. Koala's don't have to drink much water, they sleep 20 hours a day, and they spend the remaining four hours eating and seeking companionship. Now that's the life! (Laughs.)

S:  You are offered on the following gifts: A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you choose?

D:  I would choose perfect health, because many things in life start there. Without good health, partaking in some of the simplest activities can be impossible. Being unable to do the things that you enjoy is miserable. Good health is imperative to living a satisfying life, so that would be my my gift!



S:  I am with you there. People do not realize the value of good health until they lose it.

Denise, thanks so much for joining me today! If you would like to learn more about Denise and her books, please visit--

Blog:  https://www.denisenwheatley.com
Facebook:  https://facebook.com/DeniseNWheatley
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/denisewheatley?lang=en
Instagram:  https://www.instagram,com/denise_wheatley_writer
YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/user/dnwheatley
Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Denise-N.-Wheatley/e/B001KHBZ7E

Next week in The Loft:  Author Alice Renaud!

No comments:

Post a Comment