Friday, October 4, 2019

This week in The Loft: Author Claudia Shelton

Joining me today in The Loft is author Claudia Shelton. The author of romantic suspense, thrillers, and contemporary romance, Claudia also presents workshops for readers and authors. Her debut novel, "Risk of a Lifetime," was named one of eBooks Galore top reads for 2014. She is also a two-time nominated Daphne Du Maurier (unpublished) finalist for excellence in mystery. Claudia is also the author of the Shades of Leverage action-adventure romantic suspense series.


Author Claudia Shelton

S:  Welcome to The Loft, Claudia!

What attracts you to the romance genre? 

C:  Love, romance, hope, HFN (happy for now), HEA (happily ever after), all the different sub-genres, and what I write--Alpha heroes with a heart and the strong women willing to take a chance.

S:  Can't discount those Alpha heroes, can we?

What is your favorite thing about writing romance? 

C:  I love that there is always at least a HFN, which to me says there's still hope for a HEA.


S:  Do you believe in love at first sight? 

C:  I even believe in love at first dream of your soul-mate, the love-of-your-life. Yes!

S:  Do you write in other genres? 

C:  Currently, I write romantic suspense, but one of my next releases will be a thriller. I love writing action and suspense scenes, so I'm excited to try my hand at a thriller. 

S:  What do you crave?

C:  Interesting question on so many levels. In spring, I crave the sound of birds returning with their songs, calling to mates about the nest they're building. In the summer, I crave good tomatoes and yummy watermelon. Winter, hot chocolate with whipped topping, divinity and a snickerdoodle to nibble. And in fall...I love everything about fall so I need it all!

S:  (Chuckles.)  I'm a fall girl, myself. I have a strange affection for pumpkin spice! Plus, I really enjoy watching the leaves change color. I see it as nature's way of preparing us for the blandness of winter.

What would you like people to know about you?

C:  That I truly hope my readers like my book. 

S:  Complete this sentence: "When one of my books is released..."

C:  I'm always excited to hold the print copy in my hands and to sign a copy for each of my family members.


S:  If you had it to do all over again, would you still choose to write books?

C:  Definitely! Not only do I love writing, I like most everything associated with the profession. Besides, there are characters and stories running rampant in my head, just waiting for their turn to have their story told!

S:  How do you want to be remembered? 

C:  As the woman who tried to splash a little excitement and color as she traveled through this world!

S:  Tell me about your current series.

C:  I love my Shades Team! In the Shades of Leverage series, not only are they all great agents with fun, exciting stories to share, they all wear shades. They are sexy sinfull shades. The series includes--




 S:  Claudia, thanks so much for joining me today! If you would like to learn more about Claudia and her books, please visit--

  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me in the Loft, Seelie! Now go get yourself a pumpkin spice latte...and as for me, I'll have a peppermint mocha!

    ReplyDelete