Friday, March 27, 2020

The week in The Loft: Author Lyncee Shillard!

Joining me today in The Loft is author Lyncee Shillard! Lyncee writes romantic suspense, from sweet to very steamy. She also writes young adult high fantasy under the pen name,  Tasaria Romaney. In addition, Lyncee is an amateur photographer. All of the photos on her website, blogs, and book trailers came from her camera. Lyncee currently resides in northern Michigan.
Author Lyncee Shillard

S:  Welcome to The Loft, Lyncee! I imagine it's a bit warmer down here than in upper Michigan, though not by much!

What attracts you to the romance genre?

L:  The happy ever after or happy for now. No matter what the characters have been through, they will be happy at the end. I love giving that to my characters and readers. I love, love getting that as a reader.

S:  What’s your definition of romance?

L:   Time spent together in comfort. That could be on the beach, hotel room, the living room, etc. The key is that I’m totally comfortable. Nothing is more romantic to me than to be able to be myself and allow my partner to be himself. No showboating. No struggling for perfection. Just being.



S:  (Nods.) The ability to be comfortable with your partner is very important.

What is your favorite thing about writing romance?

L:  That no matter what is going on in my ‘real’ world, I have an escape that is guaranteed to make me smile.

S:  What is your perfect romantic evening? 

L:  Pizza rolls, wine, ice cream, and playing the Xbox with my hubby.

S:  Do you believe in love at first sight?

L:   Yes and no. I do believe that you know if the person is the right’person, but I feel love takes time to truly bloom. The initial love or feeling is often intense and is seen through rainbow unicorn lens. But if after three years of him eating your doughnuts, you still smile when you see him, then it’s love and was love at first sight.

S:  (Laughs.) I can guarantee that anyone who ate my doughnuts probably wouldn't survive, love or not.

What would you like people to know about you? 

L:  That I want to move to an Alpaca farm in the mountains. (Laughs.) I also have a thing for Moose. I have 46 stuffed ones!

S:  What do you consider your greatest achievement? 

L:  Raising my children--natural and foster--to be happy, balanced, productive adults. There were some serious moments that I felt I really screwed up and they would be a story line for "Criminal Minds," but we made it!

S:  (Smiles.) I think we all worry that we somehow screwed up as parents, so it is very rewarding when they become productive adults.

What are you currently working on? 

L:  A three-novella series called Adrenaline Rush. Each novella is about a guy who has an extreme lifestyle, including an ice climber, smoke jumper, and motorcycle stuntman. They must rely on someone else to help them and that's not something they do easily. All three are steamy romantic suspense and adventure.



S:  What/who inspires you? 

L:  I don’t have one thing or person that inspires in all things. My eight-year-old inspires me to remain kind and gentle with those around me. My husband inspires me to continue to travel the path of my dreams. My writer friends inspire me to take creative risk.

S:  Tell me about your latest book. "Taking a Risk."

L:  Sure. Here's the blurb--

If Leigh Ronaldson is one thing, it’s predictable. What’s wrong with having a routine? Apparently, it makes her boring or so her ex-boyfriend claimed as he dumped her. And her best friend agrees.

She decides to prove them wrong and books an extreme adventure in Ecuador. The hiking, kayaking, and camping she signed up for. She didn’t plan on the hot guide who by just looking at her made her squirm with desire and definitely not the drug cartel who wants them dead. 

Nick Greco golden rule is never to touch a client. NEVER. But rules can’t be broken. 

Once the local drug cartel starts hunting them, he knows it will take all his skill to get out of the Amazon jungle alive. And if your life is hanging in the balance even golden rules can be broken… 



S:  That sounds pretty exciting! Where can readers buy your book?

L:  Here's the buy link--https://books2read.com/u/3npgqe

S:  Lyncee, thanks so much for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Lyncee and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://lynceeshillard.com
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/lyncee
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LynceeS/
Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Lyncee-Shillard/e/B007WGBKYK/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1534257851&sr=8-1

1 comment: