Friday, May 22, 2020

Today in The Loft: Author Karen Cino!

Joining me today in The Loft is romance author Karen Cino. Karen enjoys writing about local places that people can relate to. These days, she finds her inspiration for tales of romance, cozy mysteries, and women's fiction from walks along the Jersey shore.  The mother of two children, Karen and her husband reside in Toms River, New Jersey.


Author Karen Cino

S:  Good morning, Karen! Thanks for much visiting me today!

Tell me, what attracts you to the romance genre?

K:  I love happy endings and writing about the struggles the heroine goes through to find her happiness.

S:  Ah, the happy ending! I think that's what pulls many romance authors in.

What's your favorite thing about writing romance?

K:  That's an excellent question. I enjoy creating truer than life characters as I set up the perfect romance, or not so perfect, as they go through different stages in their relationship.

S:  What's your perfect romantic evening?

K: For me, sitting on the beach with a glass of wine and watching the sun set. 

S:  Do you remember your first kiss? What was memorable about it?

K:  I remember my first kiss, but it was my first kiss with someone else many years later that I remember. When I close my eyes, I can still feel the magic. That kiss will always be a part of my heart.


S:  What was your worst date ever?

K:  Oh dear, that would be a comedy act. I was fixed up on a date and when I went to meet the man, he showed up in tights. He was coming from his job. I didn't know he owned a Cinderella pumpkin and horse. He sat in the restaurant dressed in his knight in shining armor costume and everyone was staring at us. Then he started talking really loudly, drawing even more attention.

S:  (Giggles.) I think that story tops all the others I've heard! I guess you're lucky he didn't arrive on a white horse!

Do you believe in love at first sight?

K:  Absolutely. It goes right back to that first kiss. 



S:  What would you like people to know about you?

K:  I love sitting on the beach and walking every morning My hobbies consist of my vegetable garden, reading, and buying clothes and toys for my granddaughter. 

S:  (Smiles.) You must have so much fun with a granddaughter. You are so lucky!

If you had to do it all over again, would you still write books?

K:  Yes, I would. I don't write books to make money, I write them to release my inner soul, to share my stories, hoping to touch many people's souls. Writing is who I am. It's what defines me.

S:  How do you want to be remembered?

K:  I would love to be remembered for stories that have helped people get through rough times in their lives. I want to be the author whose books have touched so many hearts.



S:  What are you currently working on?

K:   I'm working on Book 6 in my Cookie Cutter Cozy Mystery Series, doing edits on my women's fiction romance, Down at the Shore, and I'm writing a romantic mystery.

S:  What do you consider your greatest achievement?

K:  My greatest achievement was bringing up my son and daughter, watching both of them transform into wonderful, respectful adults. Both my kids are in the arts. My son is a singer/songwriter/musician and my daughter is a photographer. Supporting their dreams has been a dream of my own. I could sell a million books, but witnessing my adult children's success is my biggest achievement.

S:  Karen, thanks so much for chatting with me today! If you would like to learn more about Karen and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://www.karencino.com/
Blog:  https://karencinobooks.blogspot.com/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/karencino
Facebook Author Page:  https://www.facebook.com/Karen-Cino-296585170371401/?ref=aymt_homepage_pane
Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Karen-Cino/e/B008LCG31Y

No comments:

Post a Comment