Friday, November 20, 2020

This week in The Loft: Author Cadence Vonn!

Joining me today in The Loft is Cadence Vonn. An award-winning romance author, Cadence writes erotic romantic suspense. An accomplished doodler and daydreamer, she also holds a BFA in photography and silversmithing. After many years spent living in Pennsylvania, she and her husband moved to an island in the Pacific Northwest, where she wakes every morning to a sunrise over the Puget Sound. 

Avatar for Cadence Vonn

S:  Good morning, Cadence. Thanks for joining me today!

Why did you become a writer?

C:  I’ve always been involved in some form of creative art –jewelry making, photography and weaving to name a few things. When my mother became ill, I’d sit in the hospital with her for many hours at a time. I’d read, and keep a journal about ideas and thoughts. I remember reading "Fifty Shades" and telling my mom about the story. She laughed and told me I could be a writer. She always encouraged me to go after what I wanted. So when she passed, I sat down and decided to write.

S:  Did you have a mentor when you became a writer?

C:  Not one, but many in the form of members of the Central Pennsylvania Romance Writers. Every single one of them encouraged all the newbies. They pointed me in the direction of all the craft workshops and courses that would help me understand the art of writing. I’ll admit it was daunting. But after cranking out a few terrible manuscripts, I got the feel for my voice.

S:  Complete this sentence, "When I started writing I wish I had known…"

C:  That’s interesting to think about. I’m sure every writer dreams of selling millions of copies of their book. I wish I’d known the reality of marketing books. I might have gone in a different direction. But once I wrote one book, I had so many ideas crammed into my head that I needed to write another and then another, whether I sell any or not.

S:  (Nods.) I think people would be surprised at how many authors write for the pure joy of  it. Frankly, it is difficult to make a living writing romance!

What attracted you to the romance genre?

C:  Growing up, I always read romance novels. I loved Victoria Holt. My mother had a stash of Barbara Cartland books that I read. I used to be one of those voracious readers that authors wish would discover their books. Although now I read fantasy novels most of the time and romance novels only when I’m not writing.

S:  What attracted you to your current partner?

C:  I married my high school sweetheart. It was love at first sight. The usual young adult things attracted me to him. He was an athlete and good looking, taller than me with a great smile. He made me laugh and still does. We’ve been together longer than some of my readers have been alive. And we’re still going strong and having fun.

S:  (Smiles.) I love stories like yours. They are evidence of lasting love and I think that's important for people to witness.

Why did you write "Yours...Mine...Always?" What was your inspiration?

C:  I grew up in Central Pennsylvania and lived near Hershey, where all The Blacke Brothers novels are set. "Yours…Mine…Always" is about the last brother, Jonathan. He meets Laura in D.C. at the DuPont Circle metro station. If you’ve ever been there, you’ll understand how she freezes at the top of the escalator. I did. If it hadn’t been for my husband, I wouldn’t have been able to get to the bottom. I gave Laura my fear of heights and my love of art. She was headed to the Fine Art Museum, when she meets Jonathan. Then when she goes back to Hershey with him, I included all the scenes in the area that I love.

S:  (Laughs.) I literally fell on my ex-husband on the stairs at a train station. Not because of the height or him. My heel got caught in a crack in the cement!

Is there anything about this book that makes it special to you? To the readers? 

C:  For me, it wraps up the series. I loved creating four brothers who find the love of their lives. They fall hard and fast because love at first sight is a real thing. I’m living proof. I think a lot of readers love a book where a couple gets together and conquers anything that tries to stop them from being with each other. I love a sizzling hot book with a HEA (happily ever after). That’s what this series gives the reader. I’m also excited that "Yours…Mine…Always" is a New Jersey Romance Writer’s Golden Leaf finalist.

S:  Congratulations. That's wonderful and I imagine, very gratifying. 

Can you share the blurb for "Yours...Mine...Always?"

C:  Sure. As I said, this is the last book in Blacke Brothers series--

Laura Barrett is a strong and determined woman. After surviving an attack by a sadistic stalker, she avoids relationships and focuses on her job, and most of all, her painting. Living day to day, she doesn’t believe in all that nonsense about karma…until her world spins upside down and she ends up in the arms of a stranger.

Jonathan is the last Blacke brother without a partner. Unlike his siblings, he proclaims he’ll take his time falling in love—if ever. When he rescues Laura, his body betrays his conviction to stay single. He’ll protect her with his life if necessary. Sex with her is off the charts, but she’ll bolt and take his heart if the danger chasing her threatens his family.

Destiny is a powerful force. It’ll take all his connections and sexual creativity to convince her to believe in fate…and his love.

S:  That sounds like an exciting story! Where can readers buy your book?

C:  It's available at the following booksellers--

Amazon:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088DZW49S

Barnes & Noble:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/1136957646?ean=2940163038428

S:  Cadence, thanks so much for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Cadence and her books, please visit--

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/CadenceVonn

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Cadencevonnauthor

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/cadencevonn/

BookBub:  https://www.bookbub.com/profile/cadence-vonn

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Cadence-Vonn/e/B077H4PQYF?

1 comment:

  1. Seelie, thanks for having me! Hope you have a grand holiday season. Best, Cadence

    ReplyDelete