Friday, December 4, 2020

This week in The Loft: Author Lil DeVille!

Joining me today in The Loft is author Cara Hartley, who writes under the pseudonym Lil DeVille. While she claims to be a "boring, middle-aged lady who writes interesting stories," her 12-book Carnal Invasion series focuses on the erotic adventures of two shapeshifting aliens who pose as attractive young women in the human world. The men they meet are in for one heck of a wild ride! In the real world, Cara works as a writer, copyeditor, proofer, and reviewer.

The avatar for author Lil DeVille

S:  Good morning, Lil! Thanks for joining me today!

Why did you become a writer?

L:  I’ve always loved writing and art, even as a very young child. I think that my writing has improved since childhood, although some may debate that. My art, not so much.

S:  What makes you unique--as a writer or a person?

L:  Oh, I’m just a glorious little bundle of uniqueness. Most people don’t appreciate it.

S:  (Chuckles.) Which means you tend to surprise people and that can be a good thing, mostly.

What attracted you to the romance genre?

L:  Some of what I write contains romance, but I don’t write romance per se, and it generally isn’t my first choice when I’m looking for something to read.

S:  There has always been some debate over what level of romance puts a book in the romance category. As a reader, I have found that many romance "labels" are inappropriate for the tale to which they are assigned. 

What other genres do you write in?

L:  Fantasy, horror, paranormal, science fiction. I also write nonfiction and poetry.

S:  How would you like to be remembered? What do you want your tombstone to say?

L:  I doubt I’ll have a tombstone, but if I did, it would say, “Buy my books.”

S:  Why did you write the Carnel Invasion series? What was your inspiration?

L:  I honestly wrote the first story as a joke. I read this post about making money writing erotica, and I took some of the tropes and wrote "Coming to Earth." I developed a bit of a soft spot for this silly story and its characters.

S:  (Smiles.) Everyone has a different motivation. The important thing is, you put pen to paper and began to spin your tales.

Is there anything about your books that makes them special to you? To readers?

L:  I doubt that most people will see anything but a silly smut story. For example, in "Coming to Earth," a geeky guy loses his virginity to a couple of shape-shifting aliens who take on the appearance of two attractive young women. I have a soft spot in my heart for Gandy. He doesn’t think he’s anything special, but the aliens can see that he is.

S:  Tell me about "The Carnal Invasion Collection, Volume I."

L:  The Carnal Invasion series features a group of naive, yet naughty, shape-shifting aliens who need large amounts of energy to maintain their Earthly forms. The quickest way to get the energy they need is sex, and lots of it. This collection contains the first four books in the series--"Coming to Earth, "Gettin' Down on the Farm," "Stripped to Please: Precious and Exotic," and "Lust School." Compact, but packed with heat, these naughty little numbers are sure to make fans of explicit erotic action happy. 


S:  I love naughty aliens! Your books sound entertaining! Where can readers buy "The Carnel Invasion Collection, Volume I?"

L:  It can be purchased at--



S:  Lil, thanks so much for joining me today. If you would like to learn more about Lil DeVille and her books, please visit--

http://www.naughtynetherworldpress.com

https://lbry.tv/@naughtynetherworldpress:d

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18147698.Team_Netherworld/blog

Other ways to connect with Lil and Naughty Netherworld Press--

https://bit.ly/morennp

Sometimes Lil turns into Ornery Owl and flies off to the Readers Roost blog where she does book promos and reviews. During those times, she can be found at--

http://ornerybookemporium.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/ReadersRoost

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me today. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring the Ornery Owl. Who is much more modest than she should be.

    ReplyDelete