Friday, February 26, 2021

This week in The Loft: Author Ann Raina!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow eXtasy Author Ann Raina! Ann began her career writing fanfiction. In fact, she blames her interest in writing on Hans Solo and claims the Star Wars movies failed to properly credit him for his role in helping the Rebels fight the Empire. Eventually, she moved on to erotic romance within science fiction, adventure, and crime/thrillers. Ann lives in Germany, where she enjoys riding her horse and gardening.

S:  Good morning, Ann! Thanks for joining me today!

Why did you become a writer?

A:  I started writing when I was a kid and never stopped. I didn't think about becoming a published author for many years, but then, after being praised for my original characters in fanfiction, I wrote my first long novel and had it published with eXtasy Books. It was a good start, and the plotlines keep coming. There will be more books coming, and the series I'm currently working on already has three more sequels.

S:  What attracted you to the romance genre?

A:  I love it when people come together, spend their lives together. It's fun to write about all the little things that happen between couples. So there's always romance in my stories, even though the focus is on a crime or a thriller plot.

S:  Do you write in other genres?

A:  I have written science fiction stories, such as "Living for the Act," and many crime and adventure stories. I'm not into horror and even less into children's books. That might be something for my old days. 

S:  You are quite prolific. By my count, you have now published 26 books with eXtasy. That's very impressive!

What else would you like people to know about you?

A:  I'm a caring person and I like to see people happy. During the pandemic, I took care of two old ladies living next door and went grocery shopping for them. It was no burden and very rewarding to see them happy.

S:  I think the pandemic has brought out the best and the worst in people. It's commendable that you chose to help those in need.

Complete this sentence, "When one of my books is released, I..."

A:  I'm always anxious about how readers will react. I'm grateful for reviews telling me how my work has been received.

S:  What inspired you to write "Cold Rage?"

A:  I wanted to end a storyline that I had started in Book 3 of the Nick and Jacklyn series, "Blind Trust."

S:  Is there anything special you would like readers to know about "Cold Rage?"

A:  I combined two storylines into one novel and the twist is quite different from what you might expect.

Here's the blurb--

In Richmond, Virginia, Deputy Mayor Dobson is brutally murdered. The FBI investigation reveals that this case isn’t the only one in which an abusive husband died of unnatural causes. Special Agent Nicolas Hayes and his team begin the investigation but soon reach a dead end. There is no evidence and no suspect. When an old enemy appears on the scene, the investigation comes to a standstill, and Nicolas finds himself in mortal danger.

S:  Sounds suspenseful! Where can readers buy "Cold Rage?

A:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--

Publisher:  https://www.extasybooks.com/978-1-4874-2940-9-cold-rage/

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B08N489Y6S/

Barnes & Noble:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cold-rage-ann-raina/1138152167?ean=9781487429416

S:  Ann, thanks so much for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Ann and her books, please visit--

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ann.raina.7

No comments:

Post a Comment