Friday, May 14, 2021

This week in The Loft: Canadian author V. J. Allison!

Joining me today in The Loft is award-winning author V. J. Allison. V. J. writes small-town erotic romance. In addition to writing for eXtasy Books, in 2021, V.J. released her first independently published story, "COVID's Arrow." V. J. also runs her own graphics design firm, Veridian Rose Designs. A self-proclaimed geeky rocker chick, V. J. is an advocate for various chronic illnesses, including Occipital Neuralgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Diabetes, Migraines, and Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia, as well as a voice for Autism Awareness. The mother of a son on the autism spectrum, she and her husband also parent an adventurous Maine Coon cat named Marnie. V. J. lives in southern Nova Scotia.

Author V. J. Allison

S:  Good morning, V.J.! Thanks for joining me today!

Why did you become a writer?

V. J.:  It was always an escape for me. I find writing therapeutic and it helps my depression.

S:  I also find writing therapeutic. It relaxes me.

What attracts you to the romance genre?

V. J.:  Romances always have happy endings, and I love a good sappy story.

S:  Do you write in other genres?

V. J.:  I recently ventured into the paranormal romance realm and although it was fun to write, I cannot see myself writing anything other than contemporary romance. It was tough to build the relationship between the leads, as well as world-building.


S:  What is your favorite thing about writing romance?

V. J.:  Creating strong characters that others can relate to.

S:  Do you believe in love at first sight? Has it ever happened to you?

V. J.:  Yes, I believe in it, and yes,  it’s happened to me. I met a man just after my 17th birthday, and we were together from that point on. Thirty years later, we are still together.

S:  I love stories like that! 

What is the best/worst thing that has ever happened to you as a writer?

V. J.:  Having people tell me they enjoy my stories. I love making people happy with my books.

S:  If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to write books?



V. J.:  That’s a big yes! I love being an author. Writing is therapeutic for me. I have chronic pain issues, and writing helps me forget the pain for a bit.

S:  How do you get in the mood for writing?

V. J.:  No one can be here. Only me and my cat, Marnie. I love to have a cup of coffee or Pepsi handy – depending on the time of day – and just park my butt in the chair and write.

S:  Have you ever “shelved” a book? 

V.J.:  One book. It was fully drafted, a 450,000 word monstrosity I’ve dubbed “The Abomination.” It took two of my previous main characters and turned them into Private Investigators, and put them in danger. Plus, it was highly influenced by others who have no bearing on the real romance or even the book market.

S:  Is there anything special you would like people to know about your books?

V. J.:  All of my stories are set in Nova Scotia, Canada. I found there was a huge gap by omitting the Atlantic Provinces in the romance genre. I’m hoping to fill in the hole by showcasing our culture, the amazing people, and of course, the gorgeous scenery of my beloved little province.


S:  V. J., thanks so much for chatting with me today. If you'd like to learn more about V. J. and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://vjallison.com

Blog:  https://romanceauthorvjallison.blogspot.com/

Facebook Fan Page:  https://www.facebook.com/AuthorVJAllison/ 

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/VJAllison1974

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/vjallison1974/

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/VJ-Allison/e/B089RP93GC/

No comments:

Post a Comment