Friday, August 20, 2021

This week in The Loft: Author Kayelle Allen!

Joining me today in The Loft is award-winning and prolific romance, sci-fi, and space opera author Kayelle Allen. She creates immortal gamers and warriors who purr. The founder of the Marketing for Romance Writers group, Kayelle is not only a seasoned author, but a wonderful mentor for other authors. A U.S. Navy veteran, Kayelle is also the mom of three and grandmother of five. She claims to be married to her own personal hero "since forever."

Author Kayelle Allen

S:  Good morning, Kayelle. Thanks for joining me today!

What would you like people to know about you?

K:  I'm a writer who loves creating science fiction, fantasy, and romance stories. Successful writers need big imaginations and discipline. Those two things don't always go together. The imagination is so you can come up with new tales and keep telling wonderful stories. The discipline helps you finish and publish them. For me, the imagination and ideas come naturally, but I work hard on the second.

S:  Discipline really is the key. You have to be committed to working through the entire process, from developing the plot to publication.

What attracts you to the romance genre?

K:  I love the "happy ever after" or "happy for now" that a romance provides. It's awesome seeing people fall in love and begin their lives together. Seeing how they blend their two worlds is exciting.

S:  If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose to write books?

K:  I'd do it sooner. I hesitated for a long time to get started, but finally jumped in. I have thought I was out of my mind a few times, but never regretted the path.

S:  I always tell people, "Just do it!" I wasted so much time worrying that I would fail when I could have been spinning tales.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Has it ever happened to you?

K:  I'm still married to the guy who was my love at first sight. This Christmas will make 48 years together. My bio says I've been married so long I'm tenured.

S:  That's amazing! You have been incredibly blessed.

How do you want to be remembered?

K:  As a person who supported other authors and gave them opportunities whenever possible. I made it part of my mission statement to promote others. I run a book blog, created the peer-mentoring group Marketing for Romance Writers, and sponsored many cooperative promotional events for writers. I have learned that everybody makes mistakes. How you react to them is what determines whether you succumb or succeed. If I am remembered by others, I would like it to be that I was a cheerleader who helped whenever she could.

S:  I have always appreciated your words of wisdom and I know many others have as well. 

What would you like readers to know about your book, "Jawk?"

K:  This erotic MM Sci-Fi Romance serves as the conclusion to the Tales of the Chosen series, and the gateway to the Antonello Brothers: Immortal series. It's set in an empire on the other side of the galaxy, in the far future. Book one of this series is permafree and since release, has remained in the top 10 in multiple categories. Pick up your copy of "Wulf - Tales of the Chosen" at  https://books2read.com/wulf-chosen.

Here's the blurb for "Jawk"--

Easy mission. All he has to do is seduce Luc, the most powerful man in the empire. And then betray him.

Jawk spies on the enigmatic Luc Saint-Cyr, known empire-wide as the Harbinger. Undercover as a waiter in Luc's favorite haunt, Jawk gets a break when Luc seeks to hire him for a one-night ménage with his current lover, Wulf.

Jawk agrees, and things go well until Wulf and Luc fight, and Jawk is dismissed. He must get back in the man's good graces.

When Luc seeks to make Wulf jealous by taking Jawk on a long trip, the means to gather intel is too good to pass up.

But meanwhile, a forbidden dalliance between Wulf and Alitus tests the bounds of trust between immortals and their Chosen humans.

The elicit affair threatens to rupture the eons-old alliance forever, and subject every last immortal to risk...


S:  That sounds like an exciting tale. Where can readers buy "Jawk?"

K:  The Universal Buy Link is https://books2read.com/jawk-chosen

S:  Kayelle, thanks for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Kayelle and her books, please visit--

Website:  https://kayelleallen.com/immortality (Sign up for Kayelle's newsletter and get free Sci-Fi stories, book recommendations, and become a Tarthian Empire citizen and an immortal, among other reader exclusives.)

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/kayelleallen

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/kayelleallenbooks

Kayelle's Keepers:  http://facebook.com/groups/KayellesKeepers

Bookbub:  https://www.bookbub.com/authors/kayelle-allen

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/710889.Kayelle_Allen

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Kayelle-Allen/e/B003ZRXVN8

3 comments:

  1. It's exciting to have a new book out. Thank you for letting me come hang out with you and your readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great interview. Congratulations on the release of Jawk, Kayelle, and thank you for being so supportive of authors! It is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete