Friday, February 4, 2022

This week in The Loft: Author Ann Raina!

Joining me today in The Loft is fellow eXtasy author Ann Raina. Ann has written 27 novels for eXtasy Books, including tales of erotic and contemporary romance, and romantic suspense. Her latest series deals with FBI Agent Nicolas Hayes, his cases of capital crimes, and his demanding and commanding lover, Jacklyn Hollander. When not writing, Ann enjoys horseback riding, gardening, and yoga. Ann lives and works in Germany.

S:  Good morning, Ann. Thanks for joining me today! 

When it comes to writing romance, do you consider yourself a dreamer or a realist?

A:  Definitely a realist. I live in the here and now, and my characters reflect that. If I try to create dreamy characters, I have to stray from my course of thinking. It’s doable, but demanding.

S:  What do you appreciate most in your romantic partners--Brains or brawn/beauty?

A:  Partners have to be intelligent. Hey, there’s more to life than a night of wonderful sex. A partner is someone you share your days with. You discuss, debate, argue… You want someone with the same interests, someone who enriches your life.

S:  As a writer, did the pandemic and the subsequent isolation work to your benefit or detriment?

A:  During the first months, I couldn’t write at all. Real life with all its limitations, problems, and uncertain prospects for the future occupied my mind too much to think about creating characters and plots. Nowadays, it’s easier. I think all of us made arrangements and adjusted to the new reality that the pandemic will be part of our lives for some time. While it took me a year to write one story, I’m now busily writing the tenth book in my series.

S:  I had a similar reaction. At first, I was so shocked by what was happening around me, I couldn't focus on writing. In recent months, I've finally been able to settle in and write again.

What inspires your stories?

A:  I start with an idea and take that to my muse for her to judge whether it’s worth creating a plot. She’s an honest soul. Sometimes, she takes my idea, twists it around, and presents me with a perspective I had not seen before. We’ve been creating stories together for more than 20 years. It’s a very good and also very creative friendship.

S:  You are so lucky to have someone to brainstorm with.

Is there anything special you would like people to know about "Ruined Vacation?"

A:  My muse and I had one plotline we followed—sending Nick and Jacklyn into the woods so that they live through an adventure of their own, aside from Nicolas working for the FBI. When we got there, the second plotline appeared out of nowhere and demanded attention. Finally, we blended them into a crime plot with edges and twists we are really proud of.

Here's the blurb--

Spend a happy vacation or die trying.

While Matthew and Jason investigate a series of murders in Washington, D.C., Jacklyn and Nicolas start a long-awaited vacation with her parents.

Famous reporter David Callahan sets out with his girlfriend to have a good time and research the doings of a kidnapper prowling the woods of western Maine.

For all of them, the events turn out differently from their expectations.

S:  Now that gave me a chill. Where can readers buy your book?

A:  It's available at all major booksellers, including--

Publisher:  https://www.extasybooks.com/ann-raina/

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Ruined-Vacation-Nick-Jacklyn-Book-ebook/dp/B09L7VH7F1/

Bookstrand:  https://www.bookstrand.com/book/ruined-vacation

Barnes and Noble:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ruined-vacation-ann-raina/1140503298

S:  Ann, thanks so much for joining me today! If you'd like to learn more about Ann and her books, please visit--

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ann.raina.7

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/ann_raina_author/

No comments:

Post a Comment