Friday, September 28, 2018

Today in The Loft: Author Viviana MacKade!


Today in The Loft, I am joined by romantic suspense and contemporary romance author Viviana MacKade. Viviana is the author of five books, including the Crescent Creek Series.  She lives in Florida with her husband and son, where she enjoys spending time on the beach, horseback riding, and hiking. Viviana is also a fellow MS Warrior.

Author Viviana MacKade

S: Welcome, Viviana. Thanks so much for joining me for coffee and donuts. 

You write about romance, so of course I have to ask, do you think people only fall in love once?

V:  No, I don’t believe that. You can fall in love a number of times in your life, but you only stay in love if you’re lucky enough to find someone you can give your heart to and be sure he’ll treat it well, you’re willing to put in work for it, or  the person earned your respect.

S:  I think you're right. It's easy to fall in love. It's much harder to stay in love. Love is hard work.

Along those lines, complete this sentence--(blank) really makes me hot.

V:  Brains.

S:  I am with you there. There is nothing sexier than an intelligent man! (Takes bite of a Cyclops donut and smiles.)

If a paranormal invited you to dinner and permitted you to bring five guests--all prominent figures in history--who would you invite and why?

V:  In no particular order--

Churchill:  He was someone who really understood politics and because of it, he could make it in his own way. He led England out from one of toughest time in European history and did it with wit, courage, and brains. His speeches are memorable.

Lincoln:  I’d love to ask him how it felt, being the man who changed America’s face so radically. Why and how he really did it, how it felt and what it cost him.

Marcus Aurelius:  The Philosopher Emperor. Is astonishing how he ruled in such a modern way. Most of our politicians today should study his reign and take notes–a lot. Cassius Dio, the historian of Marcus’ reign, said Marcus’ death marked a descent “from a kingdom of gold to one of iron and rust.”

Boudica:  She may have lost in the end but she kicked asses, man, and she kicked ‘em good. What a woman she must have been, one who led an army and made a Roman emperor (Nero) consider withdrawing Roman troops from England.

Cavour: He led Italy (and Europe, really) during the Renaissance and was one of the most brilliant statesmen of his time. The world needs more like him.

S:  Wow. That would be quite a dinner party! I can just imagine the debates over politics, governance, and war. 

You seem to have fondness for many different periods of history. Is there any period of time in particular in which you would want to live? 

V:  I’ve always wanted to live in the Renaissance. Then I thought, hell, I have MS. Modern medicine keeps me on my feet (literally), and I still have to take a rest after lunch to recharge the batteries. Even with that, sometimes I need a cane (I’m not even touching the fatigue crap). Living in the past means, in the best-case scenario, I’d be stuck in a chair with a fuzzy brain. No, thank you. I’ll stay in the present and keep walking. Or in the future, where I can be cured.

S:  Exactly. They didn't even understand MS until the end of the last century. From what I have read, early treatments bordered on the barbaric. I'd much rather fly into the future, where there is a better possibility of a cure.

You released a new book, "His Midnight Sun," this month. What can you tell me about it?


V:  "His Midnight Sun," is the fourth book in my Crescent Creek Series. Here's the blurb--
Tormented, fierce, and broken, sculptor Aidan Murphy has judged himself guilty. He yearns for love but pushes everyone away. He longs for acceptance but has lost the key to open his heart. Until he meets Summer Williams. Beautiful and smart, Dr. Williams promises haven for a man who believes he deserves none. All he has to do is let her in and risk his heart and soul.
Summer’s managed to keep her inner light alive, even through tragedy. She’s created a new life for herself and her daughter in Crescent Creek with loving, caring and fun friends–well, except brooding, breathtaking Aidan. She’s used to keeping away from his type, though. All she has to do is ignore the pull of a man who’s turning up to be much more than snarls and storms. Will her compassion and medical instincts let her?
Love can heal a broken soul and shake up a timid heart. Or it can unleash devastation and revenge.
Will Aidan and Summer survive the hurricane?


S:  That sounds hot! Where can readers find the book?
V:  Here are the links--
 S:  Thanks so much for joining me for coffee today, Viviana! For more information on Viviana and her books, visit--

Facebook   https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011982152461
Twitter  https://twitter.com/ViviMackade

Next week in The Loft:  Author Lili Draguer!

No comments:

Post a Comment