Friday, February 8, 2019

Today in The Loft: Author Viviana MacKade!

Visiting me today in The Loft is romance author and fellow lawyer/MS Warrior Viviana MacKade! Viviana describes herself as "a beach bum and music-addicted." She lives in a small town in Florida, and enjoys playing in the pool with her son, as well as eating whatever her husband puts on her plate. (Lucky woman!) Viviana is the author of the three-book Crescent Creek Collection. Today she is promoting a special offer: The Crescent Creek Collection is available for preorder only for $ .99 on Amazon.com and free on Kindle Unlimited!


Viviana MacKade
Author Viviana MacKade

S:  Good morning, Viviana! Thanks so much for joining me today. What inspired you to write the Crescent Creek Collection?

V:  I didn't really plan to have a series, to be honest. It started as Scott and  DJ's story. Through them I met Rhett, fell for him a bit, and he introduced me to Aidan, who started nagging in a very annoying Aidan way. So, I had to write his story, too. And I ended up with a series. Nothing inspired the series, but the characters pushed me to stay with them a little longer and tell their stories.

S:  Your series is set in a coastal town along U.S. 1 in Florida. Any particular reason for chosing that location?

V:  It's a love declaration for my little corner of the world. I love living down here. Crescent Creek is very, very, very similar to my own town. You could recognize places from the book if you strolled around and that's such a kick for me! I always expect to run into someone I know from my books.

S:  What was your process in writing this series? Did you map out each book before you began writing or did you just wing it?

V:  I didn't map out anything for Crescent Creek because of the way it came to be a series. But I am planning a four-book fantasy series, still at the mapping/plotting stage, and that has to be planned big time because it's one long story. I need to map out details, the cause-effects, the cast of characters...It's four books, eight characters, one story that needs to develop organically. There are simply too many elements to wing it. 

S:  Does MS impact your writing?

V:  First of all, let me say, MS is a rotten bit*h. Now, with that out of the way, in stands in my way when writing in different, very subtle ways. The biggest is the nap I must take, every stupid day. I want to get to the end of the day not catatonic and on both my legs. It's not nice having to take a nap. I hate it. It's wasted time. I could write a chapter in that damn time. However, it doesn't matter how much I loathe it, I still have to do it. I have started to think of it as part of my job as a human being. I have to eat, get clean, sleep at night, and nap. Then there are the numb days, where I'm honestly too tired to bother with whatever. Writing as well. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often. The downside is, I still don't know how to deal with those times. MS is one of those things I still have to wing after all of these years.

S:  (Nods.) As irritating as the naps are, I've accepted that they're necessary. I used to try to push through, but have found the consequences to be rather devastating. It sucks, but now I just get it over with. I have pretty much issued a notice to everyone--between noon and 1 PM, I'm napping. Leave me alone! 

So, what's next?

V:  I just finished a stand-alone book, a fantasy. I hope to finish the editing in February, so I can start working with editors. After that, I have to tackle the four-book series I mentioned before. I also have to re-publish an old work--I just took the rights back from the publisher. It will need a new cover. Busy, busy, busy!

S:  Tell me more about the Crescent Creek Collection.

V:  Sure, here are the blurbs-- 

From the cold Canadian border, the US. 1 runs along the east coast with patience. Southbound, always south, until it reaches the Sunshine State. 

Not the fastest way, sure, but if you have the time to drive it all the way down, you might find yourself lost in one of the coastal towns that dot US 1 like little jewels.

Maybe that town's name is Crescent Creek.

These are the stories of its people.

All Those Miles I Walked--Crescent Creek 1

At eighteen, DJ made a choice--her heart or her dreams. Neither was wrong, yet either would break her heart. She chose the world. Over a decade later, she returns to Crescent Creek and to the one regret she's ever had--Scott.

Scott's always been steady as a rocky reef. He'd loved once and when she's left, his strong heart had crumbled like a sandcastle. Now DJ is back and Scott wants nothing to do with her. If only Eva, his and DJ's oldest friend, didn't need their help. Because of her, he's stuck wth DJ and he'd be damned, she still gets under his skin.

DJ is a free spirit who needs the road under her feet. Scott is a family man who wants to groom his roots. With danger on their doorstep and a baby to keep safe, how much are they willing to compromise for love?

Painted Love--Crescent Creek 2

Though shall not steal.

Oh, but Florence had, and would do so one last time. Ten pieces her grandfather painted for her because he loved her. Ten pieces her mother lost, along with everything else, for loving the wrong man. She couldn't get back everything he'd wasted away, but she's be damned if she'd give up those paintings.

Easy and genuine, Rhett loves his life--his family, his market, his town. Until he meets a British woman with grey eyes and a cute little smile. The woman he's been waiting for. The thing is, to love her is easy, but can he trust her?

When Rhett pushes to uncover her agenda, Flo knows she will lose something--the man she loves or what she's been fighting for years. Which road will she choose?

His Midnight Sun--Crescent Creek 3

Tormented, fierce, and broken, sculptor Aiden Murphy has judged himself guilty. He yearns for love but pushes everyone away. He longs for acceptance but has lost the key to open his heart. Until he meets Summer Williams. Beautiful and smart, Dr. Williams promises haven for a man who believes he deserves none. All he has to do is let her in and risk his heart and soul.

Summer's managed to keep her inner light alive, even through tragedy. She's created a new life for herself and her daughter in Crescent Creek with loving, caring, and fun friends--well, except brooding, breathtaking Aidan. She's used to keeping away from his type, though. All she has to do is ignore the pull of a man who's turning up to be much more than snarls and storms. Will her compassion and medical instincts let her?

Love can heal a broken soul and shake up a timid heart. Or can it unleash devastation and revenge. Will Aidan and Summer survive the hurricane?





S:  Wow. That's quite a collection of stories! Where can readers purchase your collection?

V:  It's available for preorder on Amazon for a special promotional price of $ .99. Once the collection is released, the price will change. It can be preordered at--

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N8K75Z5

S:  Viviana, thanks so much for joining me today. If you'd like to learn more about Viviana and her books, visit--

Website:  http://www.viviana-mackade.blog/
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/vivianamadkade/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011982152461
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ViviMackade
Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Viviana-MacKade/e/B01KKY6WLQ


Next week in The Loft:  Beverley Bateman!

1 comment:

  1. This was a really great interview. I enjoyed reading about your writing process and those darn naps. I, too, must do the dreadful nap or I'll never get through the day either. Auto-immune diseases are you-know-what. All the best with your new release.

    ReplyDelete