Friday, May 10, 2019

This week in The Loft: Author Linda O'Connor!

Joining me today in The Loft is romance author Linda O'Connor. By day, Linda is a physician at an Urgent Care Clinic. By night, she puts pen to paper, embracing her love of romantic comedy. A best-selling author, Linda reveals her medical  knowledge in her fast-paced, sexy romances. Her Rx for life: Laugh every day. Love every minute.


Author Linda O'Connor
S:  Welcome, Linda! 

You are a physician by occupation, so why write romance?

L:  I write romance because I love the happily-ever-after endings. I also wanted to target a female audience because women are usually the ones who see a physician. Males generally are at the doctor because a girlfriend or partner or spouse or mom encouraged them to go. I want to educate and empower readers to take ownership of their health, and writing for a female audience seemed the best way to start. I write romantic comedies because I love being in a fun head space when I’m writing. I think laughter is essential to great health!

S:  I imagine after a day of treating patients, that HEA is a welcome respite! 

Where do you do your best thinking?

L:  Outside! I love walking and cycling and do my best thinking when I’m relaxed and exercising. Either that or when I’m lying awake at 3 a.m.

S:  That laying awake at night is a common theme among authors!

What is your favorite day of the year?

L:  Any day I can sit outside and write is my favorite day of the year!

S:  What do you crave?

L:  Skittles.

S:  (Chuckles.) You and my son. He seems prefer that over chocolate, which just boggles my mind!

You are offered one of the following gifts--A day back in time, a glimpse into heaven, or perfect health. Which would you take and why?

L:  I would pick perfect health. The less I have to rely on doctors, the better!

S: (Smiles.) No offense, but I think we all feel that way!

Tell me about your book, "Behind the Bench."

L:  Behind the Bench is a medical romantic comedy. Here's the blurb--

Dr. Danni Angelo is the team physician for the Clarington Quakes hockey team. She’s worked hard to earn the players’ respect, but the new coach, Trey Mason, is stirring things up, and Danni’s worried her job may be in jeopardy.

Trey finds Danni…distracting. Beauty, brains, and sexy moves on the ice have him uncomfortably attracted. He’s the new guy on the block. He has a reputation to build and a standard to set. The last thing he needs is a complication.

When the team spirals out of control and Danni and Trey get caught up in a drug scandal, things heat up on and off the ice. It’s a whole new game plan…Behind the Bench.



S:  Oh, I love sizzling romances! Where can readers buy your book?

L:  It's available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FTWRR9N.

S:  Linda, thanks so much for joining me today! If you'd like to learn more about Linda and her books, visit--

Website: http://www.lindaoconnor.net
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LindaOConnorAuthor
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/LindaOConnor98
Amazon Author Page:  http://www.amazon.com/Linda-OConnor/e/B00S7CNLEA


Next week in The Loft:  Author Kimberly Packard!

1 comment: